Re: Bug in scheduler when using rt_mutex

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Thu Jan 20 2011 - 01:12:28 EST

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 13:30 +0800, Yong Zhang wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Mike Galbraith <efault@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > or the task is enqueued
> > at it's last offset as usual for runnable tasks.
>
> But shouldn't we task the tasks as WAKEUP, through the task has been
> waked on other sched_class?

We don't need to play any games with it afaiks, just normalize it, and
the rest is taken care of automatically.

> IOW, I wonder if we should play with place_entity() at some point.

If the task returns as a sleeper, place entity() will be called when it
is awakened, so it's sleep credit will be clipped as usual. So vruntime
can be much less than min_vruntime at class exit time, and it doesn't
matter, clipping on wakeup after re-entry takes care of it.. if that's
what you were thinking about.

-Mike