Re: [BUG] kernel BUG at mm/truncate.c:479! on 2.6.37-rc8

From: Gurudas Pai
Date: Thu Jan 20 2011 - 01:47:02 EST

Hi Hugh,

Gurudas Pai wrote:
With 2.6.37-rc8 , run a fio test over nfs, with following jobfile, and we
hit kernel bug.

Have you tried the same test on earlier releases?
I think the bug is old, yet only recently reported.
I tried with 2.6.36.2 , even there it is panicing.

This NFS-triggered kernel BUG at mm/truncate.c:479 sounds very like
the FUSE-triggered kernel BUG at mm/truncate.c:475 on 2.6.36.1 for
which Miklos posted a patch on 14 December. Please give his patch
(below) a try and let us know if it fixes the issue for you - thanks.
Issue fixed with the patch, Thanks :)

Is this patch included in mainline ?

There's another of these page_mapped truncation BUGs outstanding,
that we suspect has a different cause: yours doesn't sound like that
one. I can't explain why three people now in the space of one month
should at last hit these ancient bugs!

Thanks,
-Guru