Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jan 20 2011 - 17:22:44 EST

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Then here ask for fd=3 both POLLIN and POLLOUT :
> kernel answers : OK for POLLOUT (not POLLIN), so previous poll() call
> was OK to be blocked after all...
>
> So I'm wondering if it could be a userland bug, that triggers with
> recent kernel changes.

As far as I can tell, that program isn't multi-threaded, and it should
not have returned to user land at all (no signal, and a restart). So I
think it's a kernel-only thing - there should have been nothing that
could have changed the poll list in user space. But I didn't really
check the threading status.

I'm trying to bisect it now to figure out more hints.

Linus