Re: [kernel] Status of the LSI 2108

From: Mr. James W. Laferriere
Date: Thu Jan 20 2011 - 18:35:29 EST

Hello James ,

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, James Shubin wrote:
Hi,

I've been trying to find out if the LSI 2108 is fully supported in the
vanilla kernel, and any thoughts as to the quality/robustness.

This seems to be the correct source:
ftp://ftp.supermicro.nl/driver/SAS/LSI/2108/Driver/Linux/v04.31/
however I'm not sure at all if it's maintained, or what. I would
outright test this myself, however I haven't bought the servers yet

Thanks for your help,
Please cc-me on replies.

James
The best list for this quite probably is linux-scsi or maybe emailing LSI support directly .

Hth , JimL