regression 2.6.37 -> 2.6.38-rc1: after suspend backlight cannot beadjusted

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Thu Jan 20 2011 - 21:32:51 EST

Hi everyone,

(please Cc)

going to 2.6.38-rc1 I see the following regression: After reboot I
can easily adjust the backlight with the keys on my keyboard, but
after a suspend-to-ram this does not work anymore.

This is a Sony laptop, and backlight is controlled by the video
acpi driver AFAIR.

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094