Re: [cpuops cmpxchg double V2 1/4] Generic support forthis_cpu_cmpxchg_double

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Fri Jan 21 2011 - 04:27:00 EST

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 09:31:02AM +0200, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> On 1/8/11 7:24 PM, Tejun Heo wrote:
> >Call me weird but I like this one than others. It sure is ugly but
> >the operation itself isn't a particularly pretty so it kinda matches.
> >Also, this one is the least error prone and more consistent with other
> >cpu ops.
>
> So what are we going to do about this patch? I'd love to merge
> Christoph's SLUB patches for linux-next now that .38-rc1 is out.

At least you like it, which is good.

I don't think the currently proposed one with two separate parameters
is significantly better than other alternatives and vice-versa. They
all have slightly different ugliness and error proneness issues.

That said, I still like the double parameter one best, and, unless
there are distinctively good reasons to choose another one, I'm gonna
commit it to percpu tree in a few days so that merge can proceed. So,
if you have something to say, now would be a good time to assert it.

Thank you.

--
tejun