COMPACTION and TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE config warning

From: Luca Tettamanti
Date: Sat Jan 22 2011 - 09:48:11 EST

Hello Andrea,
this commit:

commit 5d6892407cab23d4bf2f6de065ca351a53849323
Author: Andrea Arcangeli <aarcange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Jan 13 15:47:07 2011 -0800

thp: select CONFIG_COMPACTION if TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE enabled

causes this warning during the configuration process:

warning: (TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE) selects COMPACTION which has unmet
direct dependencies (EXPERIMENTAL && HUGETLB_PAGE && MMU)

This happens because 'select' does not enable the dependencies of its
target, so when I selected THP it also enabled COMPATION but I don't
have HUGETLBFS (=HUGETLB_PAGE) enabled.
Making THP select HUGETLB_PAGE fixes the warning but I'm not 100% sure
that's correct (does it work without HUGETLBFS?).

Luca