Re: 2.6.36/2.6.37: broken compatibility with userspace input-utils?

From: Mark Lord
Date: Wed Jan 26 2011 - 14:33:23 EST

On 11-01-26 12:32 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em 26-01-2011 13:05, Mark Lord escreveu:
..
>> Nope. Does not work here:
>>
>> $ lsinput
>> protocol version mismatch (expected 65536, got 65537)
>
> You need to relax the version test at the tree. As I said before, this is
> a development tool from the early RC days, bound to work with one specific
> version of the API, and programmed by purpose to fail if there would by any
> updates at the Input layer.
..

As I said before, I personally have done that on my copy here.
But that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about broken userspace courtesy of these changes.
So I am testing with the original userspace binary here,
and it still fails. And will continue to fail until that regression is fixed.

Cheers