Stability of ecryptfs over NFS

From: Pallavi Joseph Kalpana
Date: Thu Jan 27 2011 - 01:02:26 EST

Hello,

This a question regarding stability of ecryptfs over NFS. I am posting
a question here as I observed that the ecryptfs mailing lists are not
very active.

The ecryptfs README says that stability with NFS is still under
progress. So is the problem with stability related to the stacking
model that ecryptfs is based on, or is it due to the
encryption/decryption complexity?

I tried running "ls" on a directory mounted over NFS. This works fine
for the first time but for subsequent attempts "ls" does not show any
output.

However, when I repeat the same operation over a mount over local
filesystems, ls works fine.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Pallavi