Re: segmentation fault running under kgdb

From: Jason Wessel
Date: Mon Jan 31 2011 - 10:01:51 EST

On 01/29/2011 08:30 PM, Kallol Biswas wrote:

> Here is the stack trace:
> (gdb) bt
> #0 kref_put (kref=0xffffffffffffffc9, release=0xffffffff8127b560
> <aa_free_profile_kref>) at lib/kref.c:67
> #1 0xffffffff8127b069 in aa_put_profile (udata=0xffff8801b7600000,
> size=<value optimized out>, add_only=<value optimized out>) at
> security/apparmor/include/policy.h:295

I have no idea about how apparmor works, but this looks like a legitimate kernel crash and kgdb is catching, just as I would expect. If you want to continue on and pass the signal to the kernel's die notification system at the gdb prompt enter:

signal 9

I would recommend understanding the cause of each crash because because any null dereferences would lead me to wonder about the stability of the kernel you are running.

Jason.