Re: Resume hangs [was: mmotm 2010-12-02-16-34 uploaded]

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Mon Jan 31 2011 - 16:37:43 EST

On 01/20/2011 10:02 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Thursday, January 20, 2011, Jiri Slaby wrote:

>>> It's very hard to reproduce (it happens once a week or two), so I can't
>>> say yet. As it happened yesterday again, going to test it from now on.
>>
>> Ok, I haven't seen the issue with 0 in /sys/power/pm_async for two weeks
>> now (I added it to boot.local). I would say it's related to that...
>
> In that case the next step would be to build the kernel with
> CONFIG_PM_ADVANCED_DEBUG set and try to switch the async flag for individual
> devices (it is located is /sys/devices/.../power/ for each device).
>
> For example, I wonder if it is sufficient to unset it for all USB devices.

It seems to suffice... No hangs still. Should I enable pm_async back
again to confirm the issue is still present?

Note that I also had had issues with fan which was at full speed after
resume sometimes (very rarely, like this issue). Full power-cycle was
needed to cure that. I don't see that now as well.

thanks,
--
js