Re: 2.6.38-rc3 - make deb-pkg bombs out

From: John Stoffel
Date: Thu Feb 03 2011 - 17:03:56 EST

>>>>> "John" == John Stoffel <john@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I've updated this email to include the maintainer and the linux-kbuild
mailing list.

John> I've been trying to do a 'make deb-pkg' on 2.6.38-rc? and not
John> having any luck. I was going to report this error for -rc2, but
John> saw -rc3 this morning so I grabbed it and tried it out.

John> I can successfully build the kernel on x86_64 (Ubuntu 10.10
John> system, dual core Athlon, 4gb RAM, current directory mounted via
John> NFS), but when I do:

John> fakeroot make O=/var/tmp/build deb-pkg

Turns out the problem is with the "O=/var/tmp/build" since it works to
build the deb-pkg target in the current directory just fine, using the
same .config and same arguements.

I guess I'll start to bisect this and see when it last worked.
Looking at the scripts/package/builddeb script, it just needs to be
updated to use the O=/some/path in the find command. I think. But I
don't know the build system at all.

Thanks,
John

John> it dies with the following error:

John> INSTALL include/rdma (1 file)
John> INSTALL include/scsi/fc (4 files)
John> INSTALL include/scsi (3 files)
John> INSTALL include/sound (8 files)
John> INSTALL include/video (3 files)
John> INSTALL include/xen (2 files)
John> INSTALL include (0 file)
John> INSTALL include/asm (56 files)
John> find: `arch/x86/include': No such file or directory
John> make[2]: *** [deb-pkg] Error 1
John> make[1]: *** [deb-pkg] Error 2
John> make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

John> Anyone got a hint on what the solution is?

John> John

John> --
John> --
John> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
John> the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John> More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
John> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/