Re: [patch 0/4] XEN: Interrupt cleanups

From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
Date: Tue Feb 08 2011 - 13:40:32 EST

> > <scratches his head> The rework was in Xen code not in generic, and
> > the only generic changes that are in there .. are your code?
>
> The point is:
>
> If you play with generic irq code in Xen in some weird way then you
> basically block me to cleanup something in the core code w/o breaking
> Xen. I wanted to move IRQ_SUSPENDED to a different field and
> accidentally noticed that Xen was fiddling with in -next.

Aaaaah. I somehow thought the problems were with code proposed for
2.6.39, but you are referring to: "xen: events: do not unmask event channels
on resume" (6903591f314b8947d0e362bda7715e90eb9df75e) which was added way
back in November (post 2.6.37 time-frame) - and is already in Linus tree.

OK, now that I've that clear in my head (sorry about this confusion):

> So that's what I'm grumpy about. You hack away in Xen and claim it's
> confined to your code, while in reality it is _NOT_.

.. I can quite understand why you are unhappy about this.

> Again, if there is a problem with the generic code then talk to me.

Absolutely. We appreciate you being quite dilligient about other
sub-platforms and sorry for this screwup.

> That's going to be impossible anyway when I'm done with the
> encapsulation.

Any thoughts on how to fix that code Xen code for that issue?