Re: [BISECTED] commit 619efb1059 makes the MacBookPro2,2 screen flicker like its broken or half plugged in

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Thu Feb 10 2011 - 00:33:35 EST

On Feb 9, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Alex Deucher wrote:

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Justin P. Mattock
<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With the current HEAD Im getting screen flickering really bad to point where
it looks like the screen is damaged and/or half plugged-in etc..

the bisect pointed to here:

commit 619efb105924d8cafa0c1dd9389e9ab506f5425d

doing a git revert 619efb10592
gets the screen working properly again.
I havent looked much through the code to see if I can fix this. for the time
being I'll revert this on my machine with the current, until later on.

The attached patch should fix it assuming I got your pci ids correct.
I'm done with the pll stuff; too may fixes break other boards. Just
add a quirk table and be done with it.

The attached patch builds on the previous one and fixes an additional
regression.

Alex

<0001-drm-radeon-kms-pll-quirk-cleanup.patch>

alright... didn't mean to keep you waiting(out of my office for most of the day)..
Anyways patch applied, and everything looks good no screen jitters or flickering etc..

Reported-and-Tested-by: Justin P. Mattock<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for sending this my way so my machine works..

cheers,

Justin P. Mattock