Re: XFS status update for January 2011

From: Tao Ma
Date: Sun Feb 13 2011 - 21:17:40 EST

Hi Christoph,
On the 4th of January we saw the release of Linux 2.6.37, which contains a
large XFS update:

User visible changes are the new XFS_IOC_ZERO_RANGE ioctl which allows
to convert already allocated space into unwritten extents that return
zeros on a read,
would you mind describing some scenario that this ioctl can be used. I am
just wondering whether ocfs2 can implement it as well.

Regards,
Tao