Re: [next-20110214] Kernel-modules with unknown parameter

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Tue Feb 15 2011 - 03:39:37 EST

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 05:14:24AM +0100, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hi Sedat,

>> > That is how it looks today. ÂYesterday, the patch
>> > module:deal_with_alignment_issues_in_built_in_parameters.patch
>> > was also included and that is what caused the problem.

>> > No, instead the breaking patch (above) was removed from Rusty's
>> > linux-next series today.

>> > Rusty has a new version of the above patch which includes the fix (I
>> > assume) but it is not included in linux-next today.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Cheers,
>> > Stephen Rothwell          Âsfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/
>> >

>> Hmm, would be nice to have a clarification or a confirmation after
>> compilation and kernel-modules are loaded correctly on i386 (amd64)
>> arch(s).
>
> As it was proven that the change was a bit *ahem* involved it is
> probably better for the updated patch (even though I am pretty sure it
> is good now) to cook a bit more outside of next so Rusty removed it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Dmitry

Might be better this way.

( And yeah, it looks like "sth" was dropped according to merge.logs. )

- Sedat -

P.S.:

[ merge.log of next-20110215 ]
3270 Merging quilt/rr
3271 $ git merge quilt/rr
3272 Merge made by recursive.
3273 drivers/block/virtio_blk.c | 88
3274 include/linux/module.h | 15 ++++---
3275 kernel/params.c | 9 +++-
3276 3 files changed, 92 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)
[ merge.log of next-20110214 ]
3315 $ git merge quilt/rr
3316 Merge made by recursive.
3317 drivers/block/virtio_blk.c | 88