Re: 2.6.38-rc2: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 2d on CPU 0.

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Tue Feb 15 2011 - 20:58:13 EST

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2/2/11, George Spelvin <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>  But if you have a will or would like to help debug the problem -- mind to
>>> try the patch below? Note the patch is ugly at moment and must *not* be
>>> running on non-P4 system (and I only compile-tested it so no guarantees
>>> at all, and I've CC'ed a couple of people as well)
>>
>> Promising...  After 32 minute of uptime, no NMI complaints so far.
>>
>> I'll let it run overnight and see what happens.
>>

> Great, thanks. Though the patch didn't help for Don, ie there is still
> an issue which needs to be resolved as well.
> --

Ping on this problem, still seeing

Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 3c on CPU 0.
Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?
Dazed and confused, but trying to continue

on my Pentium-D system here with latest Linus head.

its sometimes 3c, sometimes 3d, I'm going to bisect and push for
reverts if nobody still has any clue about how to fix this.

Dave.