Re: 2.6.38-rc2: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 2d on CPU 0.

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 03:49:56 EST

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Ping on this problem, still seeing
>> >
>> > Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 3c on CPU 0.
>> > Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?
>> > Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
>> >
>> > on my Pentium-D system here with latest Linus head.
>> >
>> > its sometimes 3c, sometimes 3d, I'm going to bisect and push for
>> > reverts if nobody still has any clue about how to fix this.
>> >
>> > Dave.
>> >

>> We still trying to resolve it but without success yet. There is no
>> easy way to revert it. One of the option might be to disable perf on
>> p4 for a while. If this is acceptable -- i'll cook such patch and send
>> it to Ingo. Hm?
>
> That's not really acceptable - need to fix it or revert it to the last working
> state. Which commit broke it?
>
> Thanks,
>
>        Ingo

I can't say you the commit id after which unknown-nmi start happening
(i'm out of git tree
at moment) but even then this commit should not be reverted since the
problem is in
p4 code not in the rest of perf system.

I have two patches here (attached) and would really appreciate of
their testing on HT machine
together with kgdb bootup tests enabled. Dave could you please?