Re: 2.6.37.1 s2disk regression (TPM)

From: Stefan Berger
Date: Mon Feb 21 2011 - 16:29:28 EST

On 02/21/2011 03:39 PM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 02/21/2011 06:12 PM, Rajiv Andrade wrote:
On 02/21/2011 01:34 PM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
There has to be another problem which caused my regression. And since it
reports "Operation Timed out", the former default timeout values worked
for me, the ones read from TPM do not.
Yes, it's highly due inconsistent timeout values reported by the TPM as
I mentioned, my working timeouts are:
3020000 4510000 181000000
1000000 2000 150000

Actually the first one from HW is 1. This is one is HZ after correction
in get_timeout. So perhaps it is in ms, yes.

Following the specs, the timeouts are supposed to be in microseconds and ascending order for short, medium and long duration. Of course, if the device returns wrong timeouts, the command isn't going to succeed, failing the suspend in this case. Nevertheless, I think we need the patch I put in but at the same time we'll need a work-around for devices like this. There was one person stating that this patch fixed are problem on his machine. Can you find the 'caps' entry in /sys (/sys/devices/pnp0/00:06) and let us know its content?

Thanks and regards,
Stefan