mpc85xx: kexec build broken by "powerpc/kexec: Removeppc_md.machine_kexec"

From: Moffett, Kyle D
Date: Wed Feb 23 2011 - 16:07:58 EST

Hello everyone,

I just started trying to update some patches for our P2020-based unit to the latest Linus upstream, hoping to take advantage of the recent mpc85xx kexec() support.

Unfortunately I'm getting a compile error:

arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/smp.c:241: error: 'struct machdep_calls' has no member named 'machine_kexec'

As far as I can tell, "machine_kexec" was removed in commit c9486878 (powerpc/kexec: Remove ppc_md.machine_kexec) on Jan 6th, 2011, which claims that it was not used.

Unfortunately it looks like it *is* used by the mpc85xx kexec() support (commit f933a41e), added on Jul 21, 2010.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett