Re: ANNOUNCE: debloat-testing kernel git tree

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Sun Feb 27 2011 - 10:38:27 EST

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Dave TÃht <d@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:22 PM, John W. Linville
>> <linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Announcement
>>>
>>> The bufferbloat project [1] is pleased to announce the availability
>>> of the debloat-testing Linux kernel git tree:
>>>
>>> Â git://git.infradead.org/debloat-testing.git
>
> ----snip----
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> it should be "localversion-debloat" in the commit-subject in [1] (not
>> "localversion-wireless") :-). Â"-db" as suffix is IMHO not very
>> meaningful... Why not add simply a suffix called "-debloat"? Â(Anyway,
>> I will revert this patch because I don't want to have any suffix added
>> automatically.)
>>
>> I have several other questions, but I start compiling first and test
>> this debloat kernel.
>
> Excellent. At moment I would recommend building "low latency preempt
> desktop" kernels with a high HZ value (400 or 1000), enabling highres
> timers, and compiling in SFB as a module. (I'd like the default for SFB
> to be "m" rather than "n", too)
>

>> Regards,
>> - Sedat -
>>
>> [1] "Add localversion-wireless to identify builds from this tree."
>> http://git.infradead.org/debloat-testing.git/commit/3f9bdb4f44b076feda72d353d8ad717831416f36
>
> --
> Dave Taht
> http://nex-6.taht.net

These "debloat guys" are fast :-).
I was just preparing my build-system (which I normally use to
debianize linux-next kernels).
Any other recommendation for kernel-config options?
For example:
linux-next has already CONFIG_NET_SCH_CHOKE (but I have unset it).
Which commits are in debloat-testing GIT but not in linux-next tree?
Are you planning debloat feature for 2.6.39?

- Sedat -