Re: txqueuelen has wrong units; should be time

From: Albert Cahalan
Date: Sun Feb 27 2011 - 18:34:04 EST

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 5:55 AM, Jussi Kivilinna
<jussi.kivilinna@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I made simple hack on sch_fifo with per packet time limits (attachment) this
> weekend and have been doing limited testing on wireless link. I think
> hardlimit is fine, it's simple and does somewhat same as what
> packet(-hard)limited buffer does, drops packets when buffer is 'full'. My
> hack checks for timed out packets on enqueue, might be wrong approach (on
> other hand might allow some more burstiness).

Thanks!

I think the default is too high. 1 ms may even be a bit high.

I suppose there is a need to allow at least 2 packets despite any
time limits, so that it remains possible to use a traditional modem
even if a huge packet takes several seconds to send.