RE: About GPIO interrupt function with sysfs

From: Tomoya MORINAGA
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 01:38:18 EST

Hi Grant,

On Friday, February 18, 2011 9:43 AM, Grant Likely wrote:
> > Can our GPIO driver (pch_gpio) have interrupt function?
>
> yes.
Need your help.

I try to add interrupt function to GPIO driver of Intel EG20T PCH(pch_gpio.c).

However, executing "echo xxx > export", there is not "edge" file in /sys/class/gpio/gpioxxx/.

Seeing source code in gpio_export@xxxxxxxxx, like below

int gpio_export(unsigned gpio, bool direction_may_change)
{
snip...

if (!status && gpio_to_irq(gpio) >= 0
&& (direction_may_change
|| !test_bit(FLAG_IS_OUT,
&desc->flags))) {
status = device_create_file(dev,
&dev_attr_edge);
printk("%s:device_create_file!!! status=0x%x\n", __func__, status);
}

snip...
}

The above "device_create_file(dev, &dev_attr_edge);" is not executed.

Seeing gpio_to_irq@arch/x86/include/asm/gpio.h, like below.

static inline int gpio_to_irq(unsigned int gpio)
{
return -ENOSYS;
}

Thus, device_create_file for "edge" is never executed.

Could you tell me how to create "edge" file ?

With Best Regards,