[RESOLVED] Re: Second drive on VT6421

From: Philippe LeCavalier
Date: Sat Mar 05 2011 - 17:59:57 EST

Hi All,

I tried setting both drives to 1.5Gbps on a whim and low and behold it
worked. btw. setting a single drive to 1.5 didn't help. I had to set
both.

I had considered this from the beginning but thought that since each
drive was detected on their own at 3Gbps there was no good reason they
couldn't both.
There must be something about that chip...Perhaps the way the firmware
allocates the bandwidth. ie 2 channels with a total of 3Gbps then a
second drive cannot coexists if the first requests all 3Gbps?!

Excerpts from Philippe LeCavalier's message of Sat Mar 05 15:07:33 -0500 2011:

--
Thanks,
Phil