Re: [ANNOUNCE] RT for v2.6.34.8 now available.

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
Date: Mon Mar 07 2011 - 15:00:57 EST

On 03/06/2011 10:51 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
On 03/04/2011 02:24 PM, Paul Gortmaker wrote:
As a value add to the 2.6.34 long term release, I'm happy to also
announce the availability of 2.6.34-RT.

You can find it in the v2.6.34-rt branch at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulg/rt-patches.git

Great! Many thanks... Actually, impressive work.

I'm trying to integrate/build it into my Fedora based rt packages for
Planet CCRMA. Warning: I'm doing this on top of the 2.6.34.8-68 fc13
koji build, so rt is patched on top of the additional Fedora patches for
that build (with a few trivial tweaks to patch cleanly). So I don't know
if the following issues are due to that...

Caveat above still applies...
So far mixed success:

- Fedora 14 desktop w/radeon graphics: OK
- Lenovo laptop, Fedora 13, Nvidia binary driver (barf!): OK

- EeePC netbook, Fedora 13, Intel Mobile 945GME graphics: X does not start
- Lenovo laptop, fedora 14, Intel 9xx graphics (at home): X does not start
These last two share Intel graphics and the problem seems to be the same, something to do with dri. The standard Fedora kernel works fine so it must be some rt interaction (perhaps with the added Fedora patches).

But it is a good start!
-- Fernando