Re: [RFC 12/12] iscsi-target: Add Makefile/Kconfig and update TCMtop level

From: Nicholas A. Bellinger
Date: Thu Mar 10 2011 - 03:09:20 EST

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 17:33 +0800, Herbert Xu wrote:

> This is why you get the unoptimised version. Had you selected
> both as built-in or both as modules, then it would have worked
> as intended.

<nod>

> > What about the following to simply call request_module("crc32c_intel")
> > at module_init() time and top the extra iscsi_login_setup_crypto()
> > code..?
>
> If we're going to do this we should do it in the crypto layer,
> and not litter every single crypto API user with such crap.
>
> Currently we don't invoke request_module unless no implementation
> is reigstered for an algorithm. You can change this so that it
> also invokes request_module if we have not yet done so at least
> once for that algorithm.
>
> Patches are welcome.

Ok, fair enough point.. I have addressed this with a new struct
crypto_alg->cra_check_optimized() callback in order for crc32c.ko to
have a method to call request_module("crc32c_intel.ko") after the base
software alg has been loaded.

This is working w/ CONFIG_CRYPTO_CRC32C=y + CONFIG_CRYPTO_CRC32C_INTEL=m
case and should satisfy current (and future) architecture dependent
cases for CRC32C HW offload.

Sending out a patch series for your comments shortly..

Thanks!

--nab