Re: How to use gma500 framebuffer driver?

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sat Mar 12 2011 - 15:55:00 EST

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:01:17 -0500
Greg Brigley <gbrigley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks guys. I went to retrieve a dmesg dump for Alan, and thought I
> should really do it without some other modules I had loaded, so the
> output would be less cluttered. When I did that, the framebuffer
> worked!

It will probably fail if you have the vesa framebuffer driver enabled or
vga16fb.

> I'll figure out which other module was causing the trouble and report back.

That would be useful info.

> As for the mirrored display, is this something I might reasonably take
> on myself, having no experience with video drivers? If so, pointers
> for where to start looking would be great.

There are three things we need to do before we can do multi display
properly

- debug non panel outputs so the HDMI and other ports work on all systems
- an actual KMS X server
- a memory allocator (although in theory we don't need that if we stick
to mirrored)