Re: PATCH: Add --size-check=[error|warning]

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Mon Mar 14 2011 - 08:51:13 EST

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Sedat Dilek
>> <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> [ Changing Alan's Email to valid <amodra@xxxxxxxxx> in CC ]

>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> Via command-line, something like this would do it?
>>>
>>> Â Â $ export AS="/usr/bin/as --size-check=warning
>>> [...]
>
> No - $(AS) isn't being used to translate .S files, $(CC) is being used
> instead. That's why I pointed at the necessary -B option (so that
> the compiler would be able to locate the wrapper H.J. suggested).

OK, now I am enlightened in things of -B option.
Anyway, can I see the correct command line to use?
(OMG, I am glad this is not the $500.000 question @ "Who Wants to Be a
Millionaire?" quiz show. Jan wanna be my telephone joker :-)?)

>> By looking through the binutils source-code, I have seen ASFLAGS.
>>
>> Â Â Â$ ASFLAGS="--size-check=warning" ; export ASFLAGS
>
> Where did you find that? All places where I see references to this
> variable are in the testsuite.
>
> Jan

WildWildWeb, IIRC I saw ASFLAGS used in a Gentoo package and AS in
Cross-LFS/binutils build instructions.

- Sedat -