Re: perf: kernel memory leak when inherit enabled

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Mon Mar 14 2011 - 22:26:47 EST

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Vince Weaver wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:

> > > I've bisected this. There's a whole day I'll never see again. binutils
> > > 2.21 and gcc-4.5 for the lose :(
> > >
> > > Anyway this memory leak with inherit was introduced in
> > > 4fd38e4595e
>
> This changeset was reverted already in
> e3174cfd2a1e28fff774681f00a0eef3d31da970
> yet somehow that didn't fix the inherit mem-leak.

I see, a new fix was made immediately after the revert,
050735b08ca8a016bbace4445fa025b88fee770b
which probably immediately re-introduced the problem, which is why
git bisect didn't catch this. I'm away from my test machine so I'll
have to wait until tomorrow before I can investigate more.

Vince
vweaver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx