Re: [PATCH v2 2.6.38-rc8-tip 7/20] 7: uprobes: store/restoreoriginal instruction.
From: Balbir Singh
Date: Wed Mar 16 2011 - 01:51:57 EST
* Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2011-03-15 15:32:40]:
> On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 20:30 +0100, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 00:28 +0530, Balbir Singh wrote:
> > > I accept the blame and am willing to fix anything incorrect found in
> > > the code.
> > :-), ok sounds right, just wasn't entirely obvious when having a quick
> > look.
> Does that mean we should be adding a comment there?
This is what the current documentation looks like.
* "owner" points to a task that is regarded as the canonical
* user/owner of this mm. All of the following must be true in
* order for it to be changed:
* current == mm->owner
* current->mm != mm
* new_owner->mm == mm
* new_owner->alloc_lock is held
struct task_struct __rcu *owner;
Do you want me to document the fork/exit case?
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/