[ANNOUNCE] Upstart 1.1 released
From: Scott James Remnant
Date: Wed Mar 16 2011 - 20:51:05 EST
Nothing says "stable release" like a merry round of bug fixes,
including the file descriptor leak when the "script" keyword is used.
1.1 2011-03-16 "It's probably 'cause you think you're cooler than me"
* When /sbin/halt is called (without -p), this now results in the
system being halted and not powered down. If you meant it to be
powered down, use /sbin/poweroff. (Bug: #532366)
* Fixed file descriptor leak of /proc/self/fd/NN to shell scripts
executed by Upstart. (Bug: #619269)
* Fixed bug where console was closed too early, causing loss of error
messages and non-functioning keyboard-request event,
* Fixed bug where environment variables containing unusual characters
were not accepted due to a mis-reading of POSIX. (Bug: #567068).
* Fixed non-removal of symlinks on "make uninstall". (Bug: #604227)
* Reduced priority of job termination messages from warn to info
if the exit status or signal is listed in "normal exit".
The tarball can be found here:
For more information on upstart:
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/