[PATCH] VFS: remove warning about invalid s_maxbytes values
From: Jeff Layton
Date: Thu Mar 17 2011 - 10:12:57 EST
This warning should have been removed in 2.6.34. We missed that by a
few releases, so we should be OK to remove this now.
Signed-off-by: Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>
fs/super.c | 10 ----------
1 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
diff --git a/fs/super.c b/fs/super.c
index 7e9dd4c..2ed4a88 100644
@@ -1009,16 +1009,6 @@ vfs_kern_mount(struct file_system_type *type, int flags, const char *name, void
- * filesystems should never set s_maxbytes larger than MAX_LFS_FILESIZE
- * but s_maxbytes was an unsigned long long for many releases. Throw
- * this warning for a little while to try and catch filesystems that
- * violate this rule. This warning should be either removed or
- * converted to a BUG() in 2.6.34.
- WARN((mnt->mnt_sb->s_maxbytes < 0), "%s set sb->s_maxbytes to "
- "negative value (%lld)\n", type->name, mnt->mnt_sb->s_maxbytes);
mnt->mnt_mountpoint = mnt->mnt_root;
mnt->mnt_parent = mnt;
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/