Re: [git pull] drm fixes

From: Ilija Hadzic
Date: Wed Mar 23 2011 - 07:54:18 EST

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Dave Airlie wrote:

2011/3/23 Michel Dänzer <michel@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Mit, 2011-03-23 at 18:16 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
2011/3/23 Michel Dänzer <michel@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Mit, 2011-03-23 at 04:18 +0000, Dave Airlie wrote:

One radeon, 2 core fixes, and an interface update to allow for > 2 crtcs
in vblank.

[...]

Ilija Hadzic (1):
      drm/kernel: vblank wait on crtc > 1

This patch was still being debated yesterday, are you deliberately
pushing it regardless? Once it hits mainline, it'll be pretty much set
in stone.

From what I can see it was the userspace patches being debated, this
one seemed fine and the interface looked okay to me.

The author ignored my suggestions to make the patch smaller and simpler,
more maintainable and more future-proof all at once.

It was already small and I'm not sure merging the flags made it more
maintainable. Its always
being a slightly painful ioctl, and hopefully any future changes add a
new ioctl esp if we want 64-bit values.

The only comment I really thought was necessary was changing the CAP
name, but since that isn't
part of the ABI (just the number) we can quickly fix it with a follow-up.

Dave.

All of the issues debated yesterday, except one, boil down to renaming a handful on #defines without changing the values nor interface nor behavior of the kernel. For those that I agreed, I'll follow up with a small patch shortly.

-- Ilija