Re: [BUG 2.6.38] drm/i915: rampant video-corruption on Intel 865G

From: René Herman
Date: Thu Mar 24 2011 - 04:17:58 EST

On 03/24/2011 09:00 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:

I do suppose that one [ the kernel one] should fix things even
without the X11 changes? If not, I'd still have a problem until
those have made their way through the distributions...

No, the bugs are distinct, but very similar in appearance, and both
updates are required.

That won't do then, will it? Kernel 2.6.38 then requires a new and not even released user space whereas 2.6.37 works fine. I suppose the fix will from the kernel side then need to be reverting to .37 behaviour, at least on the affected hardware? (855 and 865 at least).

Regards,
Rene