Re: [git pull] drm fixes

From: Ilija Hadzic
Date: Thu Mar 24 2011 - 11:50:22 EST

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Linus Torvalds wrote:

In other words: Why should I pull this at all?

You should pull it (eventually) because it fixes a problem that is real and visible and does it in a way that is conservative enough to not risk introducing new breakage.

Whether you should pull it now or wait until you get convinced that we got our act together is totally your call.

Speaking as the author of the patch, what Dave pushed this morning is good enough for me. I spent quite a bit of time testing all the usage patterns (including the latest version pushed to you) and I can assert that the change is safe.

I can't speak for others, but I have not seen any additional complaints.

-- Ilija