Re: BITS handling of CPU microcode updates

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Mar 24 2011 - 17:47:52 EST

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Very well, I will send patches to fix that behaviour, as well as some
> other stuff I noticed that was not updated to match the recommended
> actions documented by the SDM and some Intel application notes.

I don't think you can easily -- there's no kernel interface
to distingush the "explicit user action" case from automatic loading.

This all would need a new kernel interface.

I suppose all the test labs have learned by now how to disable
automatic updates ...

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only