Re: BITS handling of CPU microcode updates

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Date: Thu Mar 24 2011 - 20:57:27 EST

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Burt Triplett wrote:
> Out of curiosity, which other discrepancies did you encounter?

That was a false alarm. We use sync_core() instead of directly calling
CPUID(1), which right now is about the same, just more obfuscated and
complicated depending on some config options. Well, as long as
sync_core() doesn't change in the future.

There are also SPARSE warnings in the driver, but the code itself is
correct.

> Also, please CC me on the patch, and I'll review the changes.

I will post it in a few minutes.

Henrique Holschuh