xterm keyboard response is slow with recent kernel (regression)

From: Toralf FÃrster
Date: Fri Mar 25 2011 - 17:33:28 EST

When I start a straight X11 session with ctwm (or twm, lwm etc ...) with
"startx" and type in a command into a xterm, since kernel 2.6.37.4 (and
2.6.38.1 too) it needs a loooong time until the appropriate pressed key
appears in the xterm. If I press ENTER however both the command and the output
appears immediately.
Sometimes the whole command is printed only after I pressed the RETURN key.

Furthermore it needs a much longer time than usual after "startx" until the
window manager draws the border (incl. the scroll bar) to the terminal, the
process X is running at 50% (100% of a core) within that time frame.

I've a Lenovo ThinkPad T400 with integrated intel graphic (GM45), xorg-server
version is 1.9.5

With kernel 2.6.36.4 however there's no problem AFAICS.

--
MfG/Sincerely
Toralf FÃrster