Re: [patch 1/8] tpm_tis: Use timeouts returned from TPM

From: Stefan Berger
Date: Tue Mar 29 2011 - 12:45:27 EST

On 03/29/2011 10:34 AM, Rajiv Andrade wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Some comments:

On 03/15/2011 08:13 AM, Stefan Berger wrote:
v3:
- sysfs entry now called 'durations' to resemble TPM-speak (previously
was called 'timeouts')

v2:
- adjusting all timeouts for TPM devices reporting timeouts in msec rather
than usec
This is a bugfix that's different than the one you originally sent, can you
submit this as a separated patch? This is mainly for easier debug in the
future, so each feature/bugfix/commit can be tested separately.
Originally I sent a patch that corrected the evaluation of the return code within the TPM's response and introduced the sysfs entry. I did not scale the MEDIUM and LONG timeouts, which then caused the problems on the Infineon TPM and the patch was removed. I then introduced the scaling of the MEDIUM and LONG timeouts, which seems necessary as a consequence to working with the TPM-reported timeouts. Then adding a sysfs entry to it is an additional feature. I'd split this patch in 2 patches where the 2nd one introduces the sysfs entry. Is this ok with you?

Stefan