Re: [RFC 0/4] sdhci: few patches for ENE 712 support

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Tue Mar 29 2011 - 21:16:37 EST

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 02:15:44AM -0700, Wolfram Sang wrote:

> > I prefer code upstream though so here is my split and cleanup
> > of these patches. I've tested it with my ENE card. Since I am
> > new to SDHCI I would prefer someone with more experience review
> > these chagnes and the respective commit log messages. I've
> > tried to make sense of them as best as I can. Unfortunately
> > I was not given any explanation to these changes except the
> > patch I got so I tried to make the best of it.
>
> You did make the best out of it; still, you probably won't be surprised to hear
> that all the patches are, well, not acceptable ;) I agree with Chris about 1/4,
> I think 2-4 are for a broken card detection and there is already a quirk for
> that. So you could also try dropping 2-4 and use
>
> sdhci.debug_quirks = 0x8028
>
> That should enable the standard quirks for this card and BROKEN_CARD.

I just tried this, it does not work, in fact my own my patches don't work too,
only the original crap does though for some odd magical reason.

Then again, what I tried was:

insmod ./sdhci.ko debug_quirks=0x8028

Was that what you wanted me to try?

> Can you also please post the PCI-ID of this card?

nsingh@nsingh-desktop ~/wireless-testing (git::master)$ lspci -k -n | grep -3 sdhci
Kernel modules: sky2
03:0a.0 0501: 1524:0730
03:0a.1 0805: 1524:0750
Kernel driver in use: sdhci-pci
Kernel modules: sdhci-pci
03:0a.2 0501: 1524:0720
nsingh@nsingh-desktop ~/wireless-testing (git::master)$ lspci -k | grep -3 sdhci
Kernel modules: sky2
03:0a.0 FLASH memory: ENE Technology Inc ENE PCI Memory Stick Card Reader Controller
03:0a.1 SD Host controller: ENE Technology Inc ENE PCI SmartMedia / xD Card Reader Controller
Kernel driver in use: sdhci-pci
Kernel modules: sdhci-pci
03:0a.2 FLASH memory: ENE Technology Inc Memory Stick Card Reader Controller

> And does it make a difference if you use the SDIO-WLAN card or a standard SD
> memory card?

Um, I don't have physical access to the box, Naveen or Vipin would have to
test this.

Luis