Re: [GIT PULL] omap changes for v2.6.39 merge window

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Mar 30 2011 - 21:38:06 EST

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Bill Gatliff <bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not sure this metric is completely fair to ARM.  If you want to
> level the field, I think you have to divide each result by the number
> of SoC's

But that's the problem with ARM. Hardware companies that do one-off
stuff, with no sense of compatibility.

And calling it an "opportunity" is just stupid.

There's nothing good about causing extra work just because ARM hasn't
had the sense to standardize on one (or a couple) of interrupt
controllers etc.

Linus