Re: SDHCI: Ricoh [1180:e823] unable to mount MMC cards.

From: Chris Ball
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 10:37:36 EST

Hi Manoj,

On Thu, Mar 31 2011, Manoj wrote:
>> There's no sign of life at all from the card. Have you tried another
>> MMC card to verify that this one isn't broken? Or the quirks?
>
> Yes, tried it all, I have tried MMC, MMCplus, and quirks. I get the
> same result. At the same time it sees SDHCI just fine.

How about setting CONFIG_MMC_RICOH_MMC?

config MMC_RICOH_MMC
bool "Ricoh MMC Controller Disabler (EXPERIMENTAL)"
depends on MMC_SDHCI_PCI
help
This adds a pci quirk to disable Ricoh MMC Controller. This
proprietary controller is unnecessary because the SDHCI driver
supports MMC cards on the SD controller, but if it is not
disabled, it will steal the MMC cards away - rendering them
useless. It is safe to select this even if you don't
have a Ricoh based card reader.

--
Chris Ball <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx> <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child