Lenovo Thinkpad Edge: suspend to ram works, but wake up not

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 22:52:19 EST

Dear all,

I got a new laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad Edge (intel , intel graphic)
and I am running 2.6.39-rc1 on it (but tried also 2.6.38).

Suspend to RAM, either by pm-suspend or by echo "mem" >/sys/..
works, both wiht running or from a recovery session where nothing
else is running.

But wake-up hangs the machine. The video comes back, I see the last
lines I typed before I suspended, but after that no keypress nor
anything else (Sysrq) does work, but 4sec-hard-off. No traces in the
log files.

ANy suggestions how to proceed and debug that?

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094