Re: 2.6.38.2 breaks suspend to disk

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Fri Apr 01 2011 - 20:10:43 EST

On 04/01/2011 04:12 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
On 04/01/2011 04:04 PM, Yinghai Lu wrote:
On 04/01/2011 02:42 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

And why on Earth is it worth saving a couple of instructions (and
introducing code ugliness and a more complex testing matrix) in the case
when it is not?

Please check this one, it moves storing mmu_cr4 to arch_prepare_suspend.

You keep moving things around instead of answering the question. It
might be the right thing to do, but I would like an answer why, in your
opinion, the easy way isn't feasible.

want to find right place to read back cr4 for hibernation/resume.

it is one time using, so we could just read back one time at last and avoid touching it
inset/clear_in_cr4.

For suspend/resume, the right thing really is just to save CR4 like any
other processor register.

not sure why mmu_cr4_features get overloaded. maybe power guys want to save one variable instead of using restore_rc4.

Thanks

Yinghai