Re: [ANNOUNCE] Native Linux KVM tool

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Sun Apr 03 2011 - 04:24:25 EST

On 03/31/2011 07:30 PM, Pekka Enberg wrote:
Hi all,

Weâre proud to announce the native Linux KVM tool!

So that's where you disappeared - I was following your old repository.

The goal of this tool is to provide a clean, from-scratch, lightweight
KVM host tool implementation that can boot Linux guest images (just a
hobby, won't be big and professional like QEMU) with no BIOS
dependencies and with only the minimal amount of legacy device
emulation.

Note that this is a development prototype for the time being: there's no
networking support and no graphics support, amongst other missing
essentials.

Mind posting a roadmap? I would put smp support near the top. This sort of thing has to be designed in, otherwise you wind up with a big lock like qemu.