Re: [ANNOUNCE] Native Linux KVM tool

From: Alon Levy
Date: Sun Apr 03 2011 - 05:02:26 EST

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 08:30:56PM +0300, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Weâre proud to announce the native Linux KVM tool!
>
> The goal of this tool is to provide a clean, from-scratch, lightweight
> KVM host tool implementation that can boot Linux guest images (just a
> hobby, won't be big and professional like QEMU) with no BIOS
> dependencies and with only the minimal amount of legacy device
> emulation.
>
> Note that this is a development prototype for the time being: there's no
> networking support and no graphics support, amongst other missing
> essentials.

I've looked at how to add spice to this, the qxl device should be relatively
easy to add as it's just another pci device and you already support the virtio
block pci device. But to add the spice server library there needs to be some
simple fd and timer (i.e. select/epoll) event loop, which I see is missing. Are
you planning on adding something like that?