Re: [GIT PULL] Fix common misspellings

From: Lucas De Marchi
Date: Thu Apr 07 2011 - 15:47:53 EST

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, i went over the commit with a fine comb again and these were the ones i was
> able to find.

Thanks a lot. It seems now I have some work to do in codespell so
these do not appear anymore.

> Btw., funniest typo was a typo in a changelog entry, which changelog entry
> itself was about fixing a typo:
>
>        - Tiny (mispelling->misspelling) fixed (ABORT instead of ABRT). Was fortunately

The funniest typo I found was one I fixed before sending the patch
(thanks to Phillip Lougher [http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/9/2/577]):

Documentation/DocBook/kernel-hacking.tmpl:
/*
* Sun people can’t spell worth damn. “compatability” indeed.
* At least we *know* we can’t spell, and use a spell-checker.
*/

In final patch there were 31 misspellings for "compatibility" in kernel tree :-)

Lucas De Marchi