Re: [ANNOUNCE] Native Linux KVM tool

From: Anthony Liguori
Date: Fri Apr 08 2011 - 18:58:19 EST

On 04/08/2011 10:59 AM, Scott Wood wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 21:14:06 -0500
Anthony Liguori<anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If someone was going to seriously go about doing something like this, a
better approach would be to start with QEMU and remove anything non-x86
and all of the UI/command line/management bits and start there.

There's nothing more I'd like to see than a viable alternative to QEMU
but ignoring any of the architectural mistakes in QEMU and repeating
them in a new project isn't going to get there.
Supporting only a single architecture sounds like a significant
architectural mistake... only x86 deserves clean code?

No, you just have to start somewhere. Since x86 is probably the ugliest, I think it's the best place to start.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

-Scott