Re: WARNING: at block/genhd.c:1556 disk_clear_events+0xdc/0xf0()

From: Sitsofe Wheeler
Date: Sat Apr 09 2011 - 05:35:29 EST

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 02:37:18PM -0700, Tejun Heo wrote:

> The problem would be quite timing dependent. It would be great if you
> can prepare a setup where you can reproduce the problem on some
> regular basis and make sure that the problem goes away with the patch
> applied.

Try as I might I cannot even reproduce the problem with the original
problem kernels. I've tried all sorts (such as plugging in multiple USB
disks and killing/restarting services such as udisks) but the problem
has refused to show itself again. Originally I saw the message three
times over a two days period and two of those were within 10 seconds of
boot. I've booted the same kernel a dozen times but the error never
comes back...

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/