Re: Regarding memory fragmentation using malloc....

From: Michal Nazarewicz
Date: Thu Apr 14 2011 - 08:32:13 EST

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:24:56 +0200, Pintu Agarwal <pintu_agarwal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry. There was a small typo in my last sentence (mitigating not *migitating* memory fragmentation)
That means how can I measure the memory fragmentation either from user space or from kernel space.
Is there a way to measure the amount of memory fragmentation in linux?

I'm still not entirely sure what you need. You may try to measure
fragmentation by the number of low order pages -- the more low order
pages compared to high order pages the bigger the fragmentation.

As of how to mitigate... There's memory compaction. There's some
optimisations in buddy system. I'm probably not the best person to
ask anyway.

--
Best regards, _ _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of o' \,=./ `o